The EWAS Catalog was developed and is maintained by the Intergrative Epidemiology Unit (IEU) at the University of Bristol. The Catalog was founded by the IEU in October 2017 by James Staley and was developed to enable the scientific community to search results from epigenome-wide association studies of DNA methylation.
The Catalog currently contains results at p < 1×10-4 from three sources. Firstly, results were extracted from the literature. Secondly, EWAS were performed in the Accessible Resource for Epigenomics Studies (ARIES) subsection of the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC) cohort. Thirdly, publically available data from the Gene Expression Omnibus (GEO) database were extracted using the geograbi R package and EWAS were performed on these data after quality control. Further details of how studies were identified and the published data extraction process are available in the documentation.
To cite the EWAS Catalog, please refer to our paper:
Battram, Thomas, et al. “The EWAS Catalog: A Database of Epigenome-wide Association Studies.” OSF Preprints, 4 Feb. 2021.
If you use the EWAS Catalog you agree to the following terms:
- You will cite our paper in any publication or presentation where you use results from the EWAS Catalog (see citation above).
- You will cite the original paper where the result was obtained.
The EWAS Catalog imposes no restrictions on access to, or use of, the data provided and the software used to present it. The data generated by members of the project are available without restriction.
The IEU, University of Bristol has not knowingly invalidated any terms and conditions of the underlying data and provide this database and software in good faith, but make no warranty, expressed or implied, nor assume any legal liability or responsibility for any purpose for which they are used. Users of the data do so at their own risk.
- Original website production: James Staley
- Core development team: Thomas Battram, Matthew Suderman, Paul Yousefi
- Production team: Thomas Battram, James Staley, Matthew Suderman, Paul Yousefi, Gibran Hemani, Gemma Sharp, Tom Gaunt, Caroline Relton
- Data curation team: Thomas Battram, James Staley, Gemma Crawford, Claire Prince, Mahsa Sheikhali Babaei, Paul Yousefi, Matthew Suderman, Charlie Hatcher, María Jesús Vega-Salas, Sahar Khodabakhsh, Oliver Whitehurst, Luke Mahoney, Hannah Elliott, Ryan Langdon, Giulia Mancano, Matthew Lee, Sarah Watkins, Abigail Lay
- Funding: This work was supported by an MRC Methodology Research Grant [grant number MR/M025020/1]. The IEU is funded by the MRC [grant numbers MC_UU_12013/2, MC_UU_12013/8 and MC_UU_12013/9].
To contact the EWAS Catalog development team, please email email@example.com.